My first mission is to create a safe place for you make the changes you want. My second mission is to empower you to have the confidence to be your authentic self, to do the right thing and have what you want in your life.
My style of coaching is warm, humorous, practical and direct with feedback. You do not need to pay for fluff and fuzz. I have a big treasure chest of understanding, knowledge, skills, and tools (EMDR and EFT) to help you become authentically more confident. In the process, you dump a lot of your old baggage.
As a mature therapist with many years of experience, I draw from several proven theories of psychology, a long and diverse life, varied work history, exercise and sports, marriage, children and family life to help the folks I work with.
I believe that the Serenity Prayer outlines the principles of good mental health.
I help you find the acceptance, the courage and the wisdom to end your suffering.
Background and Training
- Private practice currently in Roseville, CA
- Board Certified PTSD Clinician, American Psychotherapy Association, 2016.
- Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) – trained (1990) and certified (2008) with 27 years of experience
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) - 2011
- Guided Imagery – initial training in 1984 with many years of experience
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist in California, 1981 - present
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist in Colorado, 2010 - present
- Clinical Member of California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists
- Clinical Member of EMDR International Association
- Graduate of University for Humanistic Studies, San Francisco, CA. M.A. in Counseling Psychology. 1980.
- Graduate of San Francisco State University, BS in Nursing. 1974
- Registered Nurse in California and Colorado. Inactive licenses.
- Graduate of San Jose City College, CA. AA in Nursing. 1969.
- Telehealth practice – 2010 – present and on-going.
- Private practice, full time, in San Jose, CA 1984 – 2009.
- Private Practice, half time, in Colorado Spring, CO 2010 – 2016.
- Certified EMDR Therapist www.emdria.org.
- Member of EMDR Therapist Network, www.emdrtherapistnetwork.com
- Member of Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing International Association,
- Taught at Santa Clara University and John F. Kennedy University, Calif.
- Member of California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists.
- Served on the State Board of Directors of CAMFT.
- Chairperson for the Santa Clara CAMFT Ethics Committee for 9 years.
- Cofounder and Clinical Director of Counseling and Consulting Systems, Inc. providing Employee Assistance Programs.
- Expert in exercise and fitness, exercise motivation and fibromyalgia.
- Author of Make Exercise Easy with EFT & Instant Exercise Inspirations.
- Author of Make Exercise Easy: Frequent Flashes of Inspiration.
A few photos:
Skiing is a great sport for the whole family, including friends. We have a great time together.
My late husband and I loved to SCUBA dive.
This is Zeus, my adorable therapy dog, who helps me with clients.
River rafting was great fun, too.